By: Mikiyah Howard
The average child spends at least six and a half hours a day in front of a tv. So what could they possibly be watching that’s keeping them from going out and enjoying the great outdoors? If I had to guess, I’d guess it’s one or two of the shows listed below.
- Spongebob Squarepants- Spongebob is number one on the list. It was created on May 1, 1999 to entertain young children. It is one of Nickelodeon's top rated cartoons. It was created by marine biologist Stephen Hillenburg during his tenure as a teacher at the Ocean Institute in California.
- Hi-5 Philippines- Hi-5 Philippines was made on June 15,2015 the last episode was aired April 29, 2016. It was made for kids to be entertained with what he/she is learning.
- 5 and Up- 5 and Up is a tele-magazine television show for preteens, which aired in the Philippines from May 1992 to July 2002. This tv show was like a show were children go on adventures.
- Sesame street- Sesame street was made to help children learn their colors, numbers, and the alphabet. It was created November 10,1969. This is still a favorite for kids everywhere.
- Paw Patrol- Features a group of six rescue dogs, led by a boy named Ryder, as they go on adventures and help people. Paw Patrol has educational moments that help children in the developmental stage. It was made August 12,2013.
I used to love watching these shows when I was a child. Even though you don’t want to miss outside time, if you’re stuck in the house with nothing to do I’m sure these shows can help you pass the time. Comment down below which show you liked the best or if you feel like I left your show out.