By: T’Naeja Cole
Aren’t you exhausted of all the lies because... I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE LYING TO ME. So, all you little liars out there get ready to get exposed.
- Eye Contact- People that struggle to make eye contact. It’s like they know if they look right into your eyes while telling a lie you will see through their storytelling soul!
- Delay- So I know this is suppose to be about other people lying but I did lie back in the day and I know for a fact when I lied I always delayed or stuttered. I know half of you all that lie delay in the middle of your sentences.
- Fidgit (no spinners)- Watch out for their hands watch them as they speak. They may bite their nails or rub their hands together. They tend to do this to help them get through the lie that they are telling.
- Micro-expressions- These are expressions you might catch on a liar's face throughout the conversation. Their true emotions show that that they are hiding a lie.
- Posturing Up- When you are asking them a question and they start to answer while making sudden head movements they are probably lying! Usually they will hold or scratch their head or neck like they have a sudden pain.
- Breathing Profusely- Watch how their breathing patterns change. They may start to breath more heavily or even take a lot of deep breaths.
- Statuesque- Now I know number 3 says fidgeting but you also have to watch those who don't move at all. They may blink at least three times but their hands are still and their legs look really stiff like they are nervous.
- Lie Rewind Repeat- Sometimes this happens when they are trying to convince you. Or Maybe they are trying to convince themselves that the lie they are telling is real. Either way repeaters usually are falsifiers.
- Home Alone Pose- A really good sign to look for is when you ask a question and they immediately put their hand over their mouths. They are trying to buy time because they don't want to answer the question or they are trying to come up with a really good lie.
- Sir Point A lot- I know you're thinking what does that have to do with lying but since this is the last one I'm going to give you the most irritating thing lairs do……..THEY POINT, they tend to point to seem in command like they know what they are talking about. They want you to think that you were wrong for asking such a question.They tend to get hostile or defensive.
Some of you are probably wondering, “How does she know all of this stuff?”. Well let’s just say I've met a lot of liars in my day. If you do end up catching a person in a lie start POINTING. It will irritate them as much as it irritates you because they will feel that they are not in command.