Football Schedule

Football Schedule
Catch all the action at home or away

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It’s Rigged, The Grammys Are Rigged!!

By: Jayme Thompson
http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/article_main_image/public/media/grammy-preview-illo-2016-billboard-1548.jpg
I hadn’t noticed until now, but have you noticed that there is a pattern of who loses and who wins with all award shows, including the Grammy’s? And therefore I have concluded that these award shows are rigged. And I will be showing you why they are rigged,  using this year’s Grammy’s. So hold on to the spaghetti in your pocket, because you are in for a wild ride!


So one day I was scrolling through my social medias and I saw a post that said, “Do you realize that they have all these award shows in February which is Black History month? People will do anything to try to take the spotlight away from BHM.” There’s the Oscars, the Grammy’s, and the Super Bowl. They have all these big events in February. A few days ago, before the Grammy’s, I wanted to do an experiment. I wanted to see how many people of color would get a grammy this year.  Here are my results: I went all the way to the 34th winner and guess how many people won who were people of color? 11. That is sad. And guess how many grammy’s Adele won over Beyonce. 4 GRAMMYS that doesn’t make any sense Beyonce is QUEEN and she only won 2.


Overall I am against this injustice. (They really had Beyonce lookin’ stupid, huh?) But at least Solange won a grammy because her song ‘Cranes in the Sky’ … is EVERYTHING!!! I listen to her song 24/7. I believe that everyone should be treated equally and have a fair chance at getting a grammy or any other award. My other sources feel the same, “That BeyoncΓ© didn’t win Album of the Year is inexcusable on its own. That only 10 black artists ever have won the award is insane—as insane as Sunday’s ceremony was painful.” said the daily beast.com. I really think that that is the only quote that I need to prove my point. Everybody seems to notice that the Grammys are rigged and have racist undertones, except for the people who control the grammys.


I think that this article can help a lot of people notice that racism and discrimination can happen on live TV. It can happen wherever and you probably won’t even notice. I really think that the grammys should think about how what they do will affect other people and hopefully this article helps you guys see what is really going on. Even more serious though, how did Cage the Elephant win over Panic?! At the Disco. HOW does that happen??? Also it’s not just the Grammy’s that are racist go to the Oscars’ page and see how many people of color won an award. I bet you will be amazed.


My Sources:

2 comments:

  1. interesting article Jayme. This is true though i have been noticing this too. -Ayleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete