Football Schedule

Football Schedule
Catch all the action at home or away

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Dark Side of Social Media

By: Lindsey Bruno
MoBieg
There are over 3.2 billion people using the internet, and although there’s lots of amazing things on the web, the internet can be a very scary place.  With so many people using it, there are many pros and cons. Continue reading to find out what could happen to you when using the internet.


Social media is something that we use on the daily basis. It has even become part of our daily routines . “I do use social medias on the daily basis. I use it to text people and keep in contact with friends,” said Angelina Castaneda student at Northwest Middle School. Social media can be used to talk or text with your friends and also could be used for much more positive things. “Benefits of social media is that you can explore other places through your phone  and [it] can expose you to new things and could help with your life,” Angelina said. We use social media almost everyday but we also have to be very careful on how we use it and what we post.

Social media in this world is used a lot. Some people have even become addicted to their phone. About 50% of teens have this problem. “I think I could be without my phone because I would find something else to do like walk my dog and also spend more time with my family” Angelina said. There are many types of different social media sites on the internet. There are around 1.3 billion social media platforms.With so many social media sites on the internet there is so many things to do.  People tend to spend a lot of time on the internet. An average person spends about 9 hours a day on the internet. “I would spend around 8 hours on social media¨ Angelina said.

Although social media can be very dangerous it comes with its benefits. When using the internet we should be on the lookout for dangerous people. Have you ever had a weird experience on the internet? Comment below.

6 comments:

  1. nice articleee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very true about the internet

    ReplyDelete
  3. i noticed there quotes with very much detail and they were correct quotes . I have had a weird experience on the internet .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't came across anything weird in the internet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Social media is fun to be on but at the same time it can hurt you and many others i really do not be on my phone but usually when i am social media i am on my phone 24'7 so you got to be on the lookout or many things could happen. you never know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Social media is fun to be on but at the same time it can hurt you and many others i really do not be on my phone but usually when i am social media i am on my phone 24'7 so you got to be on the lookout or many things could happen. you never know

    ReplyDelete