Football Schedule

Football Schedule
Catch all the action at home or away

Friday, April 8, 2016

Community Spotlight: Lira’s Flowers

By: Ibette Bautista



Sara Lira has a special career. She creates arrangements that visually express people's love. That’s why she was chosen for the first ever Nor’Wester Community Spotlight!


Sara Lira said “What i love most about my job is that a lot of people are happy when they receive a flower, but also that my daughters are there to help me.” I have noticed that when she works on an arrangement she does it with all her heart. And if she breaks or hurts a flower she gets sad. I strongly recommend her as a florist.


Sara Lira started her career at a young age. “Since I was eight years old i started working in a flower shop” Sara said. She learned how to do all kinds of arrangements for different events such as, bouquets, weddings, parties, funerals, everyday arrangements, etc.


Sara Lira loves her job a lot. Sometimes more than it seems she should.  “No. It's not hard if you like doing it.” Sara said. When she has a an overflow of customers and work she is happy. Nothing can get in her way when it comes to her job.


Sara is very attached to her work.  “When i made my first funeral i felt sad. I also felt bad for the loss of the family. At the moment i realized i wasn’t as strong as i thought. Even if you don’t believe me, i walked out crying.” Those were the words that Sara Lira said about her frist funeral experience. Even if she didn’t know the people she cried with them. Her job has ups and downs but that is what makes her a stronger florist.


Maybe you can make her day by coming by and buying an arrangement! So if you would like an arrangement or need a special order call (913)-999-2325 or go to 1315 state. Or follow her on facebook @Lira’s Flowers

22 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool article, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very good article and i love the way you expressed her emotion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice artical

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is awesome.I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this article i love how u express her feelings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you explaind her feelings. Good artical!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have shown me that flowers can be an expressional outlet and that it can bring up many mixed emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This artical is very nice and i would love to try her flower store sometime

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this article

    ReplyDelete
  11. the way that you expressed your self was good you work very hard

    ReplyDelete
  12. the way that you expressed your self was good you work very hard

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a very good article from Sara Lira she expressed her emotion and work very hard and didn't give up

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a nice article. I like how you put the quotes right and how Sara expressed her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very nice! And I would love it if I could buy one of those roses! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's cool how people have different types of arrangements for their weddings

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very good article

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this article it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this article!!! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this article. I love how Sara expresses her emotions. I love how you used the quotes. I really love this article.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i never heard of it before but now i know what it means based on what read.

    ReplyDelete