Football Schedule

Football Schedule
Catch all the action at home or away

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The War Cry

By: Ibette Bautista





Poetry is inspiring, touching, and interesting. My younger sister asked me to help her write a poem, which inspired me to write the following.  It is my hope that you will be inspired in the same way she inspired me.


  • It was a bright hot summer day when the United States army came to his door.
  • They asked him to join the army force to protect the country.
  • His wife and children cried and begged him not to go.
  • But his older son said, “Father, go to war if it is to protect our country, and our family.”
  • The father took his son's words and kept them in his heart.
  • The next day he was ready for the training camp.
  • A few weeks later they were off to war.
  • Their captain got shot down.
  • The soldier was scared, but the words his son had spoken to him made him stronger.
  • He then heard more gunshots and blood shrieking cries of pain.
  • A few moments later, he realized some of the cries came from him.
  • He had gotten shot, and he had no idea of what to do.
  • He then cried out, “Lord! If you are out there, hear my prayers and protect my family from any harm that comes to them!”
  • He died a few seconds later.
  • When the family received the news they cried tears of blood.
  • At the funeral his son said, “My father was and will always be a great man, in life or death.
  • And I will finish what he has started…”.


I hope this inspires someone else to touch people's hearts. Hopefully I have touched yours. The heros of today are also the heros of tomorrow whether in life or death.

1 comment:

  1. This is really sad. But it dose inspire me.

    ReplyDelete